Saturday, March 31, 2007

Off again

As at this time last year, I'm about to abandon the blogosphere for a bit and return to the less virtual (but I hope virtuous) occupation of singing. The photo is of where we'll be tomorrow afternoon, singing Byrd's Ave Verum Corpus for a joint Palm Sunday Eucharist with the congregations of St Martin's, Tighnabruaich and St Paul's, Rothesay. As there is not actually a Piskie church building in Tighnabruaich, services are held in Kames Parish Church, of which this is the bell-tower.

After that we're off to Cumbrae again, to my favourite cathedral, where we shall have three days of singing and contemplation. At least, I hope there will be time for the latter; musicians have ways of seducing one into "one more run through ...". Me, I like to quite while we're ahead.

And in case that all seems too holy for words, I'm taking Christopher Brookmyre's All Fun and Games until Someone Loses an Eye to finish - if I can keep my eyes open, that is.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:14 PM

    I'm very jealous. I spent 4 memorable years on Cumbrae and had my turn at singing in the Cathedral in the very brief period that we had a choir - well, that may be too grand a term for the few of us who got together to sing, guided by Alistair! Gice the island my love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:22 AM

    Wow that's really nice. When are you coming back Christine?

    ReplyDelete