Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pastures new

Visiting friends in the Borders, I'm struck this morning by how different it feels not to see the sea when I waken. The view from the front window - which in the room I'm in is through a round, four-part window set in a Virginia Creeper-clad tower, is predominantly green - trees still not autumnal, grass neatly trimmed, pale grey/blue sky. Later, I shall moblog a picture of this room, for it is truly amazing. I've managed to pick up a few pics and comments on the Scottish Learning Festival, but using a PC throws me something awful and I can't access some of my links because they won't appear on my sidebar for me.

I am also unable to finish either of my Scrabulous games on Facebook, because it will only load a blank board and no tiles. I guess it uses an app which this computer doesn't have. Is it truly sad, to be so addicted? Please don't anwer that - it's a purely rhetorical question. Besides, I'm off out for the day. Much healthier!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris. Glad to see you're out and about yet again while we slog away here at the new DGS! ;-) Hey what's happened to your blog? Your side bar is at the bottom of the page when I view it now - seems to have 'slipped'! Enjoy your stay in the Borders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fear the slipped sidebar may be a function of either your PC or your browser, or both - I found the same problem on my friend's PC but now I'm on Ewan's shiny new Mac - and Firefox - it looks just fine.
    Interestingly, I also saw some German appear on the PC - must be PC gremlins!

    ReplyDelete