Thursday, September 18, 2008

Responding to theology

Every month or so, our Lay Training group meets to learn, to share and to grow. In between times, we do our homework. This time round, we were studying in a little more depth than before our response to aspects of the relationship between the Father and the Son. It was interesting that of the three of us present today, all of us had chosen a literary form to convey our responses - one dramatised dialogue and two poems. It was a highly charged and rather splendid session.

For me, this was an occasion when prose was entirely inadequate. I needed the ambiguity, the tricks, if you like, of poetry to convey the depth of my reaction to a section of J├╝rgen Moltmann's 'The Trinity and the Kingdom' - eight pages on the Passion of Jesus. The density of poetry suited the intensity of the subject. You can read the result here.

2 comments:

  1. early bird gets the worm...

    I still expect to post on this, but things overtook me yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spirit Jesus

    Spirit Jesus
    Shadow Of The Hummingbird
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
    The light was off to the right side of me.
    The Angel had my attention first.
    He appeared just to my left.
    Forty feet tall his wings folded around HIM
    like a man wears a cloak.
    A Helmet on HIS head.
    He does not need his SWORD.
    The Sword was hidden under wings so nice.
    The light was not from this world but
    portal in the center of the universe.
    The place eye want to go when leaving mortal coil.
    Otherworldly experience was natural unto me.
    This mourning this very day eye did see GOD.
    Inn the shadow of the hummingbird that winked at me
    with wings beating imppossibly quickly so fastly.
    The Spirit of the LORD who lives in every creature.
    And loves us every one of us no matter what we have done.
    He was in the Angel of the SON last nite that visited me.
    And then in the hummingbird that winked at me again HE loved me.
    Inn the shadow of the little thing is where eye saw my GOD.
    We are all just living inn the shadow of GOD's SON.

    http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=788706&sitename=charlax&password=&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry

    ReplyDelete