Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Out of the deep?

A quick post to show I'm still alive, as I set off in the rain for Cumbrae and Choral Evensong, for which we haven't yet begun to practise. Practise as a group, that is, for I've just been singing through my own alto parts with Mr B playing/singing bass. And the joy is that as we ran through Boyce's All the ends of the World I could hear in my head the wonderful suspensions, the resolved crunching moments in my own part, and felt that perhaps after all I was entering into my own Holy Week. And then there is the psalm - Out of the Deep - to that great dark setting by Walford Davies. I can't wait.

And yet I can't help reflecting how that whole week, as Jesus headed towards what he knew was to come, ordinary people were busily doing their thing all around him. Maybe the disciples felt stressed by the crowds, the fuss, the carry-on in the Temple, the approaching Passover. Busy, busy, busy. Just like the rest of us. But today I shall switch my life off and concentrate. Just got to travel there first.

3 comments:

  1. Busy, busy indeed. "there"? There, there!

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Tosh8:29 PM

    I think you were too busy singing about T-Rexs too worry about anything else...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why should we join in the T-Rex chorus? So we slip, Drip ... enough already!

    ReplyDelete