Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Strange interests

Regular readers of this blog will recall that, just over a week ago, I wrote a post about my own experiences of punishment and boredom in my own school days. I illustrated it with a photo of the belt/tawse/strap with which I was issued at the start of my teaching career in Glasgow. Quite apart from the comments which the post itself aroused, I'm fascinated by the traffic to the blog and to the photo itself on flickr. At the time of writing, the photo has been specifically viewed 70 times in the past week, and a trawl through the details of my stats shows that several links came from a search for belting which may be thoroughly educational in intent or may not.

Interesting, don'tcha think?

4 comments:

  1. It certainly does make one wonder...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And of course, I sent more people to the photo by writing this - it's up to 90 this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually peek in at your photos a couple times a week....checking to see if there are any new ones. You are so STINGY with your photos...my one complaint! hahaha
    (you NEED to take more photos!!!!) I loved seeing the ones from your window of the water lashing up onto the roadway. Very dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thought of you with a tawse in your hand just doesn't work for me. Beyond my imagination, Miss!

    ReplyDelete