Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Is there anyone out there?


Dunoon Community Radio
Originally uploaded by goforchris.
A strange morning, that - a sense of recording stuff that may never be heard, never read. Going out at 9.30 on such a gloomy, misty morning reminded me of going to work, especially as the Community Radio bods had set up shop in Dunoon Primary School - it seemed small enough to be a cupboard, but may have been an intimately small teaching space crammed with equipment (pictured). I spoke about myself, read some of my poems, played some of my choice of music, sold a couple of my books and had a coffee bought for me - an agreeable way to spend a dreich morning. Small kilted children came and went in pursuit of their competitions (The Mod - remember?) and as we left I could hear the next programme going out in Gaelic.

And then? the stuff that no-one may read? Well, there's always this blog, but I've also put my morning on the One Day in History blog, urged on by the exhortations of Neil Winton. I read the other day that no government had yet fallen through the activities of bloggers, but who knows what future historians may make of such minutiae?

And the day is only half over. I don't know .....

1 comment:

  1. Wow - two familiar things in this picture

    1. The obvious teacher...

    2. I spent what seemed like an eternety in that 'cupboard'. Can you beleive it's actually a classroom?

    ReplyDelete