Sunday, January 01, 2006

Seven things I had to do before lunch .....

In the early hours of this morning, reeling from a surfeit of bubbly, I read that David had tagged me to join in this. Foolishly, I commented that I would when my head felt better - so here we go. I won't be making a habit of it, though.
Seven things to do before I die
Seven things I cannot do
Seven things that attract me to my spouse
Seven things I say most often
Seven books (or series) I love
Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
Seven people I want to join in, too.

1 Seven things to do before I die
Visit Rome; visit Athens; visit Palestine/Israel; make a second traverse of the Aonach Eagach; have someone else publish my poetry; sing Tomkins’ “When David Heard” (first alto) again, preferably with my friends; play the violin again.

2 Seven things I cannot do
Make a good scone; Sudoku; crosswords; sail in a swell without feeling deathly; eat cream; survive shellfish; resist a challenge.

3 Seven things that attract me to my spouse
He might read this; he can play the music from a film when we get home and it sounds just like the original; he’s amusing; he makes good opportunities for me to sing; we still have things to talk about; he’s clever; he’s still in good shape.

4 Seven things I say most often
John – often accompanied by an exclamation mark; have you read my blog?; was that sharp?; a four-letter unladylike Anglo-Saxon word used as an expletive; another four-letter word meaning excrement; no; I’ll just have another half glass.

5 Seven books (or series) I love
Lord of the Rings; Peter Abelard; The Human Factor; His Dark Materials trilogy; Pompeii; the Starbridge series.

6 Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
The three Godfather films; Scent of a Woman; First Contact (Star Trek); The X-Men; LotR ( I know – three films, but one book, really)

7 Seven people I want to join in, too
Di, Don, Neil; Ewan (no pressure!); John; Rob; Edgar

And I don’t think I can be bothered putting in all these links – though this is not one of the things I actually cannot do.
And I've done some of them.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Chris and Happy New Year. Thanks for responding to my seven things post. The last time I had a go at this sort of thing, I didn't know enough bloggers to pass the challenge on to. I'm pleased that at least one person has had a go.

    Now that both of us have challenged Ewan, maybe he'll join in too. :-)

    ReplyDelete