Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blogging off

I'm blogging off for a few days - though if my hosts in deepest Herefordshire have indeed acquired internet access and will allow me, I may succumb to temptation. But in a way, it's refreshing not to be tied to the computer - I shan't be taking it with me. Besides, my laptop is now quite elderly (four in August) and throws little cardiac episodes if taken away from home. I know I really want a new one, but not so brutally.

I go with a strange commission: to photograph the Tardis loo in All Saints' Church in the centre of Hereford - the one with the cafe at the back - and if possible to find out about it. Should make for an interesting conversation-piece.

A bientot, mes amis ...

1 comment:

  1. Chris, I sense an addiction here!

    I finally sat down and Googled the church with the cafe....what a clever way to save a church! So many large churches, built at a time when faith was a "foundation" rather than "fluff" seem to suffer a similar fate...how can we save the frail and failing buildings?

    As I looked at the information, feeling quite as though I was about to drool on my computer, I could not help but wonder....

    What of the poor? The sick? The afflicted? Will they never set foot inside this classy place? Just a thought.....

    ReplyDelete