Saturday, December 13, 2008

Typecast?


When I was small - three or threabouts - I was devoted to a pair of blue dungarees and to the idea of "mending things". My mother dreamed of me as the first female mechanic - until I turned into an arty-farty type who wrote poems and fancied muscians.

So I'm fascinated with the results of typing the url of both this blog and my poetry blog into Typealizer - a link I found on Kenny's blog

I turned out to be the mechanic. "The independent and problem-solving type. They are especially attuned to the demands of the moment, are masters of responding spontaneously to challenges that arise . They generally prefer to think things out for themselves and often avoid inter-personal conflicts. The Mechanics enjoy working together with other independent and highly skilled people and often like seek fun and action both in their work and personal life. They enjoy adventure and risk such as in driving race cars or working as policemen and firefighters."



I have to admit that the demands of this moment meant that I felt obliged to edit the above quote, not for content but for punctuation, which in the original was lamentable. I'm not sure that I see myself entirely in the description offered, but I was interested that the two blogs produced the same ISTP type. I was more interested in the diagrams showing the different areas of brain activity which, according to the analysis, would be involved in writing each blog. In the clips above, the first diagram is the one for blethers, while the second is for the poetry over at frankenstina.

And it's odd that blethers shows no sign of spirituality, rhythm and harmony. Maybe I should be looking for a change of lifestyle - anyone seen my spanner?

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:57 AM

    Interesting. When I put in 'Heathbank' it typed me as ENFP which sounds quite similar to my teaching persona which was a more upbeat version of the real me. Looks as if I'm still doing it in my blog! According to more conventional Myers Briggs testing I'm INFP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, more conventional testing had me as ENFJ - so work that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:15 PM

    I'd put you more as ENTJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since it classified me as 'ESFJ - The Socializers', I don't think I believe it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scarily, I too am an ISTP. But I was an ISTJ formerly and it was pretty close. Thing is it can alter depending on how you answer at the time which can be affected by all sorts of factors

    ReplyDelete
  6. ACK! Well, I am a socializer. Hard to imagine, as I took a battery of tests for the Myers Briggs assessment many years ago and was told I was "quite introverted"! hahaha Okay, well, in all honesty, I HAVE changed a great deal since then (I was going through an exceedingly difficult period in my life) and Mark is always yelling at me for being so sociable, even though he always tells me he wishes he could be friendly, like me! HUH? Well, in reading the little blurb, I would say the net result is atonishingly realistic, and the brain chart? HA! Right on, in my own case!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:21 PM

    he he - what fun! I'm not convinced abotu the outcome, though. Apparently I'm a "doer" and I don't like sitting around for a long time. Ha!

    ReplyDelete